Meeting of Friends in Wales Residential Weekend
Time & Location
About the Event
This October (we hope) we will at last be able to gather in person from all sides of Wales and the Marches, so we are booking Plas Tan y Bwlch Study Centre near Maentwrog. This is a comfortable Victorian building with a much older core, that has been fully renovated. It has a range of single, double, twin and family ensuite bedrooms, and very attractive function rooms and break-out spaces. It has extensive gardens and woodland.
We hope that 30 – 45 people will attend so that we can book the whole place for ourselves for the weekend of 22-24 October. We are planning a range of activities for all ages, including;
- Link up with Black and Asian ecologists in the UK and abroad (Jeff Beatty)
- Peace workshop and Peace games (Medi James & Jani Evans)
- Making music (Mike Clark and Ruth Moore-Williams)
- Activities in the woods (wildlife-spotting and pond-dipping),
- Art and crafts? dancing? sharing favourite books? Please tell us what you would like and/or can offer
Full board from Friday supper till after Sunday lunch will cost somewhere about £230 - £280 depending on whether you are in a single, twin or family room.
PLEASE DO NOT LET THESE COSTS PUT YOU OFF – WE ARE SETTING UP A BURSARY
Frances Voelcker, Convenor of MFW Residential 2021 Arrangements Group